I’ve had lunch at this pub, which is within walking distance of my office, but this was my first Sunday Roast. We’ll probably be looking at more pubs in this area as year end approaches, as we’re considering Clerkenwell as our next home.
Joining us today were Vera & Roland of Taiwanese Wedding fame, and our friend Oscar, who was making his Quest debut.
- Maple & Horseradish roasted sirloin of beef with roast parsnip, onion, & garlic (Darren, Oscar, Franc)
- Roast Loin of pork with braised red cabbage, baked apples, and crackling (Roland)
- Roast Chicken with a chorizo & red pepper stuffing, greens and real chicken gravy (Vera)
Naturally, we caved in for dessert.
The stilton & quince was lovely, so lovely that we all forgot to document it.
We made up for it by also eating dessert!
(Pictured left to right)
- Banoffee Pie (Split by Oscar & Franc)
- Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream (Roland, Darren)
- Chocolate and clementine mousse torte (Vera)
Observations: (collective and individual)
- Potatoes & Yorkshires were excellent (Darren)
- The family-style serving of the sides is nice (Franc)
- Roasts were a little more done than anticipated (medium well, rather than medium rare)
- Service was excellent. Attentive, but we never felt rushed.
- Bathrooms were fine, but not spectacular. (Nothing a Dyson airblade wouldn’t fix!)
On to the scores: (awarded on these guidelines)