Our first Roast of 2010 is The Easton.
We had actually planned to skip roast this week, and instead, to have a wander around the neighborhood. I had high hopes for my camera on this first sunny weekend day of the year, but after said walk and a dearth of souls I wanted to steal, we were hungry.
From the outside this pub looks like nothing special. It doesn’t even have door handles. It actually looked almost closed, as the windows were covered with condensation.
The menu, pictured, looks wonderful.
- Roast Beef (Darren & Franc)
- Apple Crumble (Darren)
- Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding (Franc)
- Every table was booked; however, the staff welcomed us to sit for as long as the table was available. (We enjoyed Rodney’s 2:30 table until 2:15.)
- Portions were very generous. (Franc)
- The meat was a bit gristly on the edges, but removing those bits, it was excellent. (Darren)
- The food was served piping hot. (see picture, Franc)
- The mix of vegetables with the roast was nice.
- It was both child and dog-friendly
- Best dessert since I’ve moved back to the UK (Darren, who moved back 2 years ago)
- I’m glad I didn’t have to share my dessert (Franc)
- Our table was for four, but it wasn’t suited for four, as the table’s legs got in the way on two sides. (Darren)
- Ladies’ room was impeccably clean. (Franc)
- This pub could be much more aesthetically inviting from the outside and cozier on the interior.
- We would definitely come here again.
On to the scores: (awarded on these guidelines)